Called to the Bar in 1971
Martin received his Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of Toronto in 1966, graduated from University of Toronto Law School in 1969, and was called to the Bar in Ontario in 1971.
Martin’s diverse practice includes a broad range of corporate and business matters, including:
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Financial services
- Corporate governance for business corporations and non-share capital corporations
- Secured transactions Shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- Commercial transactions in the healthcare industry
- Preparation of powers of attorney, wills, trust agreements
- Succession and estate planning
- General advisor to owner-operator entrepreneurial clients
Martin was the past Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Canadian Bar Association’s Business Law Section (Ontario) which commented on the Ontario Business Corporations Act. He is also a former instructor at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law and at Humber College.